Features the Twin-Gate concept with second wire gate. Twin Gate is a revolutionary concept for locking a karabiner, patented by Grivel/ Simond. Clipping the rope is easier than with a classic HMS screwgate karabiner, making it ideal for use at a lower-off at the top of a route.
The 11mm round profile reduces abrasion and sheath slippage when top roping. The Be Smith Twin Gates captive bar allows it to be permanently fixed to the lower-off.
- Particularly suited to clipping into anchors and fixed line or for arborist work restraint.
- Its removable captive bar holds the Twin Smith Captive in place on equipment it is clipped into.
- A large capacity and high strength (45kN) symmetrical steel locking karabiner.
- The Twin Smith Captive features the TWIN-GATE concept with a second wire gate that opens in the opposite direction.
- Keylock Nose System
- Major Axis Strength: 45kN
- Minor Axis Strength: 18kN
- Open Gate Strength: 17kN
- Weight: 228g