Maillon Rapide quick links are used as a connector on P.P.E. (personal protective equipment) against falls from heights, mountaineering and rock climbing. They are distinguished by a specific marking in relation with following European standards:
- EN 362 standard – industrial P.P.E.: fall arrest systems, work restraint, work positioning, rope access.
- EN 12275 standard – mountaineering P.P.E.: rock climbing, climbing walls, caving, canyoning.
- Breaking strength in kN is identified on Péguet Maillon Rapide quick links meant for application in P.P.E. Breaking strength must not be under 25 kN.
- When used in P.P.E., the breaking strength engraved on the Maillon Rapide quick links clearly identifies the maximum load.
- Individual ID marking: a specific laser marking is added to the usual marking, providing users with an interesting option in terms of product check, while no data collection shall be made by Péguet.
- This option is available exclusively on P.P.E. certified Maillon Rapide quick links – EN 362 / EN 12275 standards.
- The product range for P.P.E. in mountaineering also carries the U.I.A.A. label (International Mountaineering and Climbing Federation).
- According to legislation, a user instruction is required with each EN 362 & EN 12275-certified Maillon Rapide quick link, sold or used as a connector when fitted on P.P.E.
Large Axis Strength: 25 kN
Small Axis Strength: 10 kN